People's Health Trust Shoot
I've had a few photoshoots for the People's Health Trust over the last couple of years, and I always enjoy them. The Trust work to tackle socio-economic factors that contribute to stark differences in life expectancy and quality of health throughout the UK. This is vital work, and I'm glad every time they call me up to photograph a new group or event.
I met up with Wafa and the other women of the Bristol Women's Walk and Talk group in Eastville Park, Bristol. The women were all originally from Sudan, and get together every week to get some exercise and good company — great for both physical and mental health. It was a grey, leaden sky day, but bar a few light spot of rain, stayed thankfully dry for us.
After accompanying these lovely people on their walk around the park — taking photos, but also connecting, chatting, and sharing stories — I was really please to find that they'd brought hot tea and home made Sudanese pancakes, which were delicious and very much appreciated.
Here are a few shots from the Walk.
Bristol Women's Walk and Talk
Bristol Women's Walk and Talk group.
Recent Blog Posts
- Actor Portraits with Elliott
- People's Health Trust Shoot
- Interview with PhD photography student Eve Ruet
- Lecture at Coleg Gwent Ebbw Vale
- Studio Lighting Masterclasses
- Ffotogallery: Diffusion 2021
- Portfolio Shoot with Queenie May
- Festival Faces
- Welsh From Everywhere Ffotogallery Commission
- Photoramble: Paper fold abstract
- The Bastard Executioner at Marigold Costumes
- Photoramble: Shell Shots
- Travel Photography: Morocco Madness
- Model photoshoot with Indica Snow
- Cymry o Bob Man / Welsh From Everywhere
- Astrophotography in Eryri/Snowdonia
- Photo-synthesis: Shooting Plants